Host An Artist! The Street Art Fair's Home Hosting program is back for 2023!
Ann Arbor Hospitality - Host an Artist!
Every year, the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original attracts some of the world’s most talented and amazing artists. However, participating in an art fair can be costly for them.
Lucky for our artists, Ann Arbor is renowned for its hospitality! Hosting an artist (or two!) is an excellent way to help alleviate some of the costs of participating in the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original, as well as make new friends!
How To Volunteer:
To volunteer as an Artist Host for the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair, the Original, simply follow these steps:
- Review our tips below regarding filling out your host form and making a connection
- Fill out and submit the Host an Artist Form. Host An Artist Form
- Once your form is submitted, we will share with you a spreadsheet of artists seeking hosts for your review. Please note that while you may choose to seek out an artist on your own, it is the artist’s obligation to initiate making a connection with a host.
- Once you work out a successful connection, let us know! Please send an email to email@example.com
Tips for Consideration:
See our tips below on what to consider while filling out your host form. Understanding your expectations about hosting will help you know what to look for!
- How many people are you comfortably able to host?
- What days are you available to host an artist?
- Do you have pets or children?
- Do you have a preference on gender or age of your visiting artist?
- Is your home a smoking or nonsmoking home?
- Are you hoping to share meals and get to know your visiting artist better? Are you willing to share cooking space?
- Do you have a computer you would be willing to share or have available for your visiting artist? Does your home have Wi-Fi?
- Are you comfortable giving your visitor a key to your home?
- Are you comfortable with your visitor being at your home while you are out?
- Are you able to provide transportation for your visiting artist?
- Once a connection has been made, it is best to immediately address any concerns. It is okay to say no if you feel the connection is not going to work – it is better to seek another match than to put yourself or an artist in an uncomfortable position.
- Take a look at the artist’s website! The more you know about the artist, the better the experience will be.
Questions? Please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to help an artist? Fill out our Host An Artist Form