Artwork by Sadye Rasmussen
Photo by AASAF
KIDS’ ART FAIR
The deadline has passed and we are no longer accepting applications for the 2016 Fair. If you are interested in applying next year, the 2017 jury sessions will be held in Spring of 2017. Check back then for more information.
How To Apply:
- CREATE ART!
- Attend ONE of the Drop-in Jury Sessions.
- Download Application Form, fill it out and bring it to one of the Drop-in Jury Sessions.
Jury Sessions are held at the the Pittsfield Branch of the Ann Arbor District Library, 2359 Oak Valley Dr. Please arrive at least a half hour before the session closes.
What You Need To Know To Attend Jury:
- Artists must currently be in grades 3 - 8 and reside in Washtenaw County.
- Artists should bring 4 to 8 samples of work to ONE of the Jury sessions.
- Artists will meet one-on-one with a pair of jurors for a brief time.
- Artists should be able to talk about their work, their art interests and how they plan to make enough art to sell at the Fair.
- Artists will be notified within two weeks if they are selected or waitlisted. Participation is based on space available.
Kid’s Art Fair Requirements:
- An additional Parent/Child meeting will be mandatory once child is juried into Kids’ Art Fair.
- Artists must design and make all work. Work made from kits is not permitted.
- Artists must personally attend their booths and must be present during the entire evening. Representatives, including family members, may not attend in place of the artist.
- Only items described in the registration application and approved in the judging may be for sale.
- Artists may not use their booths to display samples of items to be delivered later.
- Sales should be on a “cash and carry” basis.
- Participating Kids’ Art Fair Artists pay a $10 fee.
- The following are absolutely prohibited:
- Services such as face painting, hair braiding or nail painting.
- The sale of food.
- Use of licensed, trademarked, or copyrighted characters or names.
- Raffles or games involving prize-winning.
- Activities that require the purchaser to assemble the product or work made from kits.
- Additions to applications after submission.
- Commercial banners hanging in artists’ booths.